Saturday, 15 October 2011

Coulda been a contender. . .

The Pig Farmer celebrates
becoming European
Heavyweight Champion
Here's something you don't hear everyday.

"Audley Harrison looks just like you," said Sally as she settled down for the latest installment of Strictly Come Dancing*.

"Eh? Wha..? Come again?"

"He's got a big body and long thin legs."

"And that makes me just like him, does it?"

"Sort of. You know what I mean."

"Reckon I'd have lasted a bit longer against David Haye."

* Strictly Come Dancing is a BBC TV reality show in which celebrities "go on a journey". They also do a bit of dancing.

8 comments:

Yorkshire Pudding said...

If you look like Audley, who is most like your missus? I'll bet Chelsee Healey but I hope she is slightly more intelligent!

the cuby poet said...

Thought provoking comments. I am still getting my head around it!!

JC said...

I've followed your blog for ages for the following reasons: a - I plan to move to Orkney in a few year's time, b - your blog is very well written, and c - it's often laughing out loud funny.

However, it seems to have taken a turn for the surreal. First I find you're really a heavywight boxer in hiding, then I find a diatribe about boycotting American women in the comments!

This is simultaneously original and strange.

Alison Runham said...

I haven't commented for a long time (and possibly not ever under my real name!) but often lurk silently and have a giggle. I'm sure you are not single-handedly destroying the Westray tourist trade, never fear!
Should you choose to accept it, I've left you an award on my blog here http://wp.me/p1yAN3-83
Keep up the good work! :)

Frith said...

Malcolm - you won an award! About bloody time your brilliance was recognized! Congratulations.

Frith said...

What are you up to these days Malc? Snowed in yet? It would be great to see some more photos of Orkney in the winter. Do keep posting!

Frith said...

What are you up to these days Malc? Snowed in yet? It would be great to see some more photos of Orkney in the winter. Do keep posting!

Frith said...

Hi Malcolm,
I just watched this short film, about pork butchery, by a local "meatsmith":
http://anatomyofthrift.com/ and thought you might enjoy it. It's beautifully done.
Cheers.
Frith