Thursday, 3 December 2009

High eggs-citement

So the barn needed reorganising and that involved moving a stack of about 50 bales from the dampish bit near the door to a drier area and making the whole thing a bit neater.

I'm on my own at the moment with Sal and Pat currently south on their pre-Christmas visit, but no problem. I reckoned on a couple of hours and the exercise would be good for me. Bob the hen seemed very interested in the proceedings.

The first dozen or so came from the top and round the edges - easy. The next few proved a little more difficult. I was trying to avoid using a ladder and that involved gently moving bales out from the side of the stack.

You can see what's coming - I find it hard to believe I didn't.

I shifted the wrong bale, looked up to see the edifice tottering, cried "oh bollocks!" and stepped aside smartly as bales bounced to earth around me.

And there, right in the middle of the chaos, was a bale with a pale brown egg sitting on it. Bob, from the safety of the stable door, looked quite pleased with herself.

12 comments:

dinahmow said...

Gotta love chooks!
Also LOVE your banner photo!

I, Like The View said...

amazing sea and wind and waves in that photo!!

hens are great, aren't they

hope the egg was tasty when you eventually cracked it

(-:

Confused said...

just wanted to say your main photo is amazing! :-)

elizabethm said...

A hen called bob is great!

The Birdwatcher said...

Great shape the egg very hard to break.

Richard said...

And another for the picture. There must be something as awe-inspiring as that near Crewe that I can use for mine.

Puffincentral said...

Brilliant photo! re: mine - the landrover, I'm afraid, belongs to Mr Skidmore. "Who shall I make the cheque payable to, Mr Skidmore?" "Mister Skidmore." Yes, he IS the Man with no Name. Thanks for the tip about man at Thurso - we'll bear it in mind, tho' Bill's a bit iffy about the guy's surname. (It's a Scottish thing.)

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Did Gareth Bale fall on top of you? I wondered why Spurs had put him on the transfer list.

Malc said...

You've probably noticed I've changed the banner pic again. That's not to make your comments look non-sensical, but partly because it wasn't one of my pics and partly because the weather here now is absolutely lovely and promises to be for the next few days.

I, Like The View said...

gorgeous light on the sea and the shingle

Percy Bisque Silley said...

Ho-hum...

Anonymous said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,
人影城
,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色