Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Size doesn't matter

You see, the thing is, the camera on my trusty Samsung phone doesn't work any more. The phone hasn't been at all well since I sat on it heavily while climbing over a wall in the pigshed, the phone dropping out of my pocket in two pieces where it was given a bit of a chew and a slurp by Kim the sow.

If the camera was working I could bring you pics of the whacking great spuds that are appearing from the ground (I'm lifting them, they aren't miraculously rising from the earth and dumping themselves in bags - I bleeding wish!).

You'd also see Colin the carrot, so big it just had to have a name. I'd say it was as big as a babbie's arm, but actually it was as big as a pig "farmer's" forearm. And don't believe that guff about big veg not tasting good - it was terrific.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Clearly you have green fingers. Have you considered farming as a career?

smart said...

Get a camera - I want to see pictures of those spuds after spending a "Holiday in Orkney" planting them!

Jimmy Bastard said...

Lifting spuds in paradise,or waiting in the rain in the west midlands?

Mull that one over for a while...

KAZ said...

A carrot as big as a pig farmer's forearm?
Oh yeah - a bit convenient that camera getting damaged wasn't it?

Yorkshire Pudding said...

If the camera was working...I guess we could see images of sunbathers strolling by Scapa Flow... and the Hollywood style mansion you dwell in nowadays and Wolves winning the Premiership and Wee Willie Winkie and a flying pig...