Thursday, 5 March 2009

Contact

Sal's been away in Aberdeen for about a week. She's unlikely to be back in Orkney for a few more days.

I'll be in Aberdeen for an hour or so on my way to England on Saturday morning so she's going to meet me off the boat and see me onto the train.

"We could have some breakfast," said Sal.

"It'd have to be on the station," said the pig "farmer".

"Oh, that'd be good, just like that film. . . Close Encounters."

I should have said something, but sometimes I just don't have the heart.

6 comments:

Arabella said...

Interior. The tea room:

"It's awfully easy to lie when you know that you're trusted implicitly. So very easy, and so very degrading....bacon roll?"

Rog said...

There are strange mounds of sugar on tables in Station tea rooms. And there is always a "UFO" attitude.

Actually I can't believe there's a station tea room anywhere left - they've even bricked up the toilets at ours.

The Birdwatcher said...

How can you leave?

Dave said...

Will you be passing anywhere near Norfolk?

Coukld you drop off a few bags of pig manure?

elizabethm said...

You were so right to keep silent this time. Just do your Trevor Howard and you will have a great time.

I, Like The View said...

here's hoping you met up as planned, whatever the details of the plan were. . . and that you had a happy and safe onward journey

fingers crossed that you'll be returning!