Friday, 2 January 2009

Henry

Listening to: an old Sorry I Haven't A Clue on Radio 7
Drinking: Plymouth gin

The 'moderate drinking' resolution (an absolute necessity on January 1 after a long session at Cleaton House) has been broken already - and, as usual, it's all Mrs Pig "Farmer's" family's fault.

We had a call this afternoon from Sal's brother Martin - another brother Alan is here on holiday. Martin and Kathy's daughter Corinne today produced a 7lb 12oz boy with a shock of red hair.

Young Henry's head is being wetted while I type and I'm absolutely chuffed to bits for Mart, Kathy, Corinne and her partner Nick. It could hardly happen to nicer people.

Of course, this makes my father-in-law Ray a great grandad and Mrs Pig "Farmer" a great auntie.

The pig "farmer" is also a great uncle - but you knew that already.

3 comments:

Z said...

Hooray, Henry!

Drinking Beaujolais. Wishing I'd listened to an old I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue as it hasn't been the same since Willie Rushton died and I'm not sure that Humphrey Lyttleton isn't irreplaceable.

I, Like The View said...

congratulations to all concerned!

Plymouth is a good gin for a G&T, ever tried Hendricks?

I'm on the Winter Pimms here (it's nippy out, but probably nothing compared to your weather!)

Gin said...

Awww, resolutions are made to be broken anyway. And what a good reason to tip a few. Congrats.